An idyllic break away
Welcome to the River Cottage. The cottage and outbuildings were originally built in the 18th Century and used as a local dairy until the mid 20th Century.
It is set within the grounds of Turvey House estate which is heritage land. It has been in our family since 1790s and we are thrilled to welcome guests to enjoy the idyllic setting.
- Newly refurbished throughout in 2021
- 3 double bedrooms with river views
- Modern kitchen and bathroom - UFH, dishwasher, induction hob
- Utility / boot room with washing machine
- Sitting room with woodburner and window seats overlooking the river
- Terrace overlooking river
- Plenty of parking and storage for bicycles, kayaks, paddle board etc
- Hot tub on request
- Fishing/ paddle boarding/ kayaking/ stunning walks
- 5 minutes from Turvey village with two great pubs
We really hope you have a wonderful stay and enjoy exploring the beautiful parkland and local area.
We've just had the most wonderful stay in the River Cottage on the Turvey Estate.
Everything you may need for a short stay is provided, and it's all extremely comfortable, without being fussy.
The under-floor heated stone floors were perfect for our (guaranteed to stay downstairs and to be on best behaviour) dog too.
My favourite moments... watching dawn break over the river from the warmth of the hot tub and listening to the many and varied bird life starting their day - including a mumuration of starlings directly above the cottage. Bliss!